My Social Network Board
Complete Instructions & Help
I. EASY SET-UP INSTRUCTIONS
II. SETTINGS NOTE HELP
III. CUSTOMIZING HELP
IV. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I__EASY SET-UP INSTRUCTIONS
• 1. Rez (set out in world) the Social Network Board and position.
• 2. Fill out the Settings notecard inside object. See below for details. Be sure to SAVE settings note once finished.
• 3. Touch TOP PART of board object for the Owner-Only Menu. Select "Reload" from menu for your new settings to be saved. ('Reset All' button will load settings plus reset your color settings back to defaults.)
• 4. Use Owner Menu to select custom colors and fonts.
II__SETTINGS NOTE HELP
// SOCIAL NETWORKS //
Here is help for formatting your social network URLs.
In the settings notecard inside the object be sure to put the full URL, including 'http://' or 'https://'.
Put 'NONE' for ones you do not want to use, for example: Something=NONE
Here are example web addresses. Replace USERNAME with your username before copying to notecards.
___Note: Use a period for spaces in SL Name, example: https://my.secondlife.com/alicia.stella
___When TRUE this will show SL Marketplace instead of My Second Life
___Great for creators in SL!
___Can only use MySL or Marketplace, not both.
___Set your MP URL above where it says MySecondLife=
// CUSTOMIZE SETTINGS //
___Will Say webpage link in local chat.
___Can be good for others nearby to hear and become interested.
___Put FALSE to not disturb people nearby.
___Gives toucher a dialog to go to the page in a web browser.
___Display Floating Text? Displays: "[Name]'s Social Network"
FloatTextLine2=Touch below to join my network!
___Optional Floating Text Line 2.
___Leave an empty space after the = for none, example: FloatTextLine2=
___Floating Text Color, when displayed. (Use Color Finder object included in original product box.)
___If you would rather show your real life name or anything other than avatar name enter it here. Put NONE to use the avatar name.
Touch TOP PART of the object where it says "My Social Network" for Owner Menu. From here you can choose from Fonts, Colors, and Textures sub-menus.
FONTS: In the Fonts menu you can choose from 10 different styles. Try them all out and pick the one that matches your personality best.
COLORS: Here you can select a color for the object background and the font! Don't forget to give the base object a color! Gray can be a little boring. And try to choose a text color that is easy for people to read!
TEXTURES: Here you will be able to select a different background style. Try the Metal one! It has shiny effect and looks great with GOLD color selected for base object.
--FUN CUSTOM TIP--
Make your own texture for the Top Prim where it normally says "My Social Network," your own personal banner! You can create a 512 by 64 texture and be sure to have "Select Texture" checked in EDIT and only replace that prim face. (If you accidentally replace the wrong texture, just select RESET ALL from Owner Touch Menu to get all the default textures back.
III__FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What if I do not want to display the icons for profiles I do not have? Can this be modified?
A: To keep the object low prim it only has 8 selected services. Any you do not supply info for will tell clicker that it is not available.
Q: I messed up all the textures!
A: Touch top prim and select "Reset All" from Owner Menu. That will bring the object back to factory defaults including textures.
If your object is not working at all:
• Check to be sure you have permission to Run Scripts on the land parcel. Be sure the object is set to the right group if only Group is allowed to Run Scripts.
• Open object in EDIT and click on TOOLS at very top of screen, then choose "Reset Scripts in Selection."
If your object only works when you are online/in same sim:
• Check to be sure you have permission to run scripts on the land parcel and be sure the object is set to the right group if needed. When Parcel settings allow only GROUP to RUN SCRIPTS the object must be set to same group, (even if you are the land owner.)
• To set the Group for your object, open object in EDIT and click on "More>>" to reveal tabs. In the GENERAL tab near OWNER and CREATOR you can Click the GROUP button and select it.
/// CHANGELOG ///
SEPTEMBER 2014 - VER 2.0 - Product Update
• Google+, YouTube, and My Second Life/SL Marketplace added. (MySpace, Friendfeed, and StumbleUpon have been removed.)
• Option to show My Second Life -or- SL Marketplace on the board. Set this in settings note.
• Settings now use full URL for each site, instead of just username. See instructions note for more info.
• Higher resolution textures added.
• Script count reduced to lower lag.
JULY 2009 - VER 1.1 - Product Update
• Facebook Link updated to use new Username URL.
MAY 2009 - VER 1.0 - Product Release