Random Money Giver
Complete Instructions & Help
• General Use
• Setup Instructions
• About the Touch Menu
• About Configuration Notecard
• Helpful Tips & FAQ's
• Updates Changelog
This object will give a random amount of Lindens to a random person at a time set by the owner or staff member.
Can be set for Group Members Only to win or allow anyone.
It should be used for events or private functions where only real avatars are present. If this device attracts bots to your land you could be in violation of Second Life's Terms of Service. More info
Rez a copy of the Random Money Giver somewhere. A dialog menu will appear asking if it's "okay to take L$ from you?" Select YES, and do so whenever prompted.
Open the object in EDIT/BUILD and go to the "Content" tab.
Open the notecard called "Configuration" and edit the settings inside for things like your Manager Access List and more, (see below.)
You should see a dialog menu asking if you should "Reset" or "Cancel." Choose "Reset" if ready for your new settings to take effect. (You can also Touch and choose "Reset" from touch menu.)
Touch the object to get the Main Menu where you can customize the settings as follows.
_____About the Touch Menu_________
Turn On - The Random Money Giver rezzes in the off mode. Chose this button to turn it on and then off later when not in use.
Amount - Allows you to select different amounts to give out.
*Note that the amount given each drawing could be any number between the two amounts you select*
Timer - Time in minutes between drawings
Range - Maximum distance a person can be away from the object to be counted in the drawing.
Group - Toggles if a person has to have same group active that the object is set to in order to be counted in drawing.
Shout - Toggles either 'Shout' announcements or 'Say' them.
Colors - Allows you to change the color styles of the object.
The following 2 buttons in the Menu can only be seen by the object owner and not by avatars on access list:
Reset - Reloads the Configuration notecard & resets all settings.
Updates - Checks for product updates and automatically sends them to you if there is a newer version than what you are using.
_____About the Configuration Notecard_________
Below are some helpful tips for editing the "Configuration" notecard found inside your object.
Who can use the settings menu? Separate with commas. (12 max)
AccessList=Alicia Stella, Becky Farella
**This is where you will list all the people you want to be able to change the settings in the Touch Menu. These people, as well as the object owner, cannot win money and will not be counted.
Who is also not allowed to win? Separate names with commas. (12 max)
BanList=Dot Vella, Herman Bernard
**This is where you can list people you do not want to be allowed to win. Names are CaSe SeNsItIvE.
Minimum number of avatars in range to find winner? (1 to 15 max)
**If the minimum number of avatars in range you set here is not reached then the Random Money giver will not pay out and will announce that not enough people were there to pay. It will then wait the interval time and attempt another drawing.
Should the object rotate around? (FALSE for no rotate.)
**Simply rotates the box around and around.
Show text above the object? (FALSE for no text.)
**Displays info about time between contests and the requirements to win.
Shoot particles at winner? (FALSE to turn off particles.)
**An added feature to draw attention to the winner.
// GROUP SETTINGS //
Name of your group. (Object must be set to group also.)
**Put your group name here. Will be used in messages and floating text.
Custom Message when Touched in Group Mode. (If FALSE a URL to Join your Group will be used instead.)
Message when people Touch object in Group Mode.
CustomJoinText=To join our group IM a staff member to be added.
**You would only need to use this if your Group is NOT Open Enrollment. That way you can explain by which means people may join your group.
When finished editing the 'Configuration' note, click SAVE and close. If object does not reset automatically click on it and select 'Reset' from the menu.
You may resize the object as needed.
To change the Color select "Colors" from the Main Menu andpick from the list.
To use your own Particle Texture simple drop a texture into the object's contents. The object should reset automatically. To go back to the default particles, simply remove your texture from the object's inventory.
_____Helpful Tips & FAQ's____________________
The object will only be able to scan the nearest 16 avatars at very maximum of 96 meters away due to lsl limitations. Keep this in mind when you set your minimum avatars needed to find winner.
If the Random Money Giver does not work for you, please check to make sure the land you are on allows you to run scripts and that the object is set to the correct group to do so if needed.
The owner cannot see it , but when an avatar Touches that is not on access list, they will receive instructions on how to Join Group, (if group required to win.) Have a friend or alt test this features out.
Please Note: This product no longer has Picks feature
Linden Lab no longer allows the use of profile picks to affect SL search rank. More Info
/// CHANGELOG ///
APRIL 2010 - ver 2.5 UPDATE
• Profile Picks feature has been removed from this item. I am really sorry but I have to remove it from all my products as Linden Lab no longer allows the use of profile picks to affect SL search rank. It can actually hurt your search rank to use devices that require picks. More Info
• New Policy and important information on how to use product without violating the Second Life TOS included in product box.
• Ban List Added. You can add up to 12 names in the Configuration notecard of avatars not allowed to win. (Mangers/Staff members added to the Access List also cannot win, in addition to the Ban List.)
• Custom Price Range added so you can select any 2 amounts for the prize range you want. Select 'Amount' from owner touch menu and then choose CUSTOM. (You can select the same 2 numbers for your range to always have same prize amount.)
• Three new Timer selections now available: 2, 10, and 20 minutes.
• Converted and optimized scripts for Mono.
AUGUST 2008 - ver 2.0 UPDATE
• Profile Picks Support! When enabled winners must have Place in their Profile Picks to collect their winnings!
• When Picks mode on, users can Touch for Help on getting parcel into picks and check their Picks to see if they are eligible.
• When Group mode on, can say Group Join URL in chat when Touched -or- use a custom message to Toucher for how to Join Group if not Open Enrollment.
• Access List (managers) are no longer eligible to win money.
• Owner is automatically added to Access List and cannot win.
• Will ask owner for confirmation before Reseting after an Inventory Change.
• Two new amount ranges have been added by request: L$1-5 & L$1-100.
• Shows progress amount in floating text while loading.